Wednesday 23 April 2014

Lament London 1990

Lament


For all the brain i never use

the muscles that i seldom flex

bad habits that i need to lose

the fulfilment not quite found in sex



all the hurts , we should not keep score

a life, so much i had left for dead

the abandoned child in my shivering core

and all my sadness left unsaid



what asks the sorry soul but why

why me oh why this tiresome toil

to the horizon gaze and sigh

then plod ones way across the soil



for all the world that was not mine

for all the chances past me slipped

the place was right but not the time

many a miss between cup and lip




for all the doors i did not knock

the flowers only God will smell

the passing seconds on the clock

will never wait us after all



for lands my shoes may never walk

the blue expanse i cannot fly

an earthbound angel makes small talk

while he contemplates the  sky


all the plans that went astray

the friends that flew and never waited

for every dream that could not stay

but left me feeling so frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment