Wednesday 23 April 2014

Somewhere in September London Poems 1990

A September morning weeps for October
 exhaling a soft organic death to the trees
here soft mood wind stirring my subtle prana gut inward the storm
outward brooding undecided sunlight
assumes no form in the restless gloom
here at the point where the grey earth meets
 the asphalt  gloom of London streets
here at the point of the poem my heart strings
 cling with the embattled flowers in sensitive recoil
my heart is hanging like the limp wet shirt -
blown about upon the bough
the atmosphere static in the cold lurid light
 where saddish sun strands,
lost among the celadon leaves the blown boughs weeping down
turbulent in this soft tempest sky -have moved my mind, my moods to cry.

II
Somewhere In September the starved gaze rapt /wrapped to the stubborn sky  pressed brow to pane
whimpers of an earthbound angel
  at the grey- celadon edge of a restless forever
weep in the wane of blue- grisled sun  a September morning performs
a weeping dance perchance she weeps for me,

I slumped in the dull climate of heart -
Mine shy, the bitten tongue to see and sing it
clung to the puppet gut string of cloud crosswinds pulled,
weak to the spit of spleen breath sky- ghost laden where lurid strands of light
dance a limp among the leaves rumouring waxing autumn
the whip torn cloth of sky that weighs the wing
and warps the embattled birds in flight
I -One with this scene- hang ,
 alone like a pensive shirt blown about upon the boughs..

No comments:

Post a Comment